Why do I keep having dreams about being late for work?

I have been working at a restaurant since September 2018 and have never been late for work (except I had 2 close calls). For the last 2 months I would once a week have a dream that I forgot it was a work day. In one we are at the store and I forgot it was Friday and work started in 10 minutes. And my parents were acting like it was no deal when I told them (in the dream). In another I checked the time and saw it was 7PM and I was supposed to be at work 2 hours ago. And I just had one last night that work started in 10 minutes and I rushed to work and got into a wreck at the parking lot and was 4 minutes late. Could their be a reason why this is happening?

Favorite Answer

You have worked at this job for over a year so you have a really stable and secure job. You might be worried that your social obligations would interfere with the employment aspect of your Life.  The question is why now?  The Holidays are upon us, and everyone scrambles to be on time wherever they are going.  I think this is the key to your dream.  The Holidays come and go and so will your worries.  You seem to be someone who has a good employment status so I wouldn't allow these type of dreams to upset me. 

• WinterRose

Thanks for the BA!

Dreaming about being late is about your anxiety of change coming in your waking life.  Maybe the parents don't share your worry and that further frustrates you.

• Carmen

Not sure what dreams mean exactly besides you’re concerned about being on time which is a good thing shows your dedication when did dreams start and is something else going on at work? Take deep breaths pray for a calm heart and peace of mind.

It could be an anxiety thing. Maybe plan to always be at work half an hour early then your mind can relax from the stress of being late.