Why is my car smoking from under the hood?

I have a 2008 mustang. It was smoking a few weeks ago and I took it to the shop they said it needed a new radiator so I paid to have that replaced as well as all the hoses and what not. Now it’s smoking again. It never overheats on the temp gauge but it’s smokes. Why could this be when I just replaced the radiator? They said that was the issue and it was fine for a few weeks. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Radiators do not smoke, but they can steam when there's a coolant leak. If your car is *smoking*, it probably has an oil leak burning on the exhaust. If there is still steam coming off the engine, the mechanic may not have fixed all the leaks, or he left a hole loose to leak more.

• 8 months ago

A hose clamp may be loose. Take it back to the mechanic that replaced the radiator for him to inspect his work. No charge!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

The car is leaking coolant again.  That is all there is to it.  Get the cooling system pressure tested to find the leak.

• 8 months ago

What does it smell like?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • J J
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Here is something different, lift the hood and look.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.