Are the grind and brew coffee makers noisy?

Not particularly, but the one I abandoned was very messy. It took an unreasonable length of time to clean after each brew. I used a separate grinder and used it only to brew the coffee. I won't identify the manufacturer but it rhymes with Duisinart.

Bob, anything that's doing work especially grinding things is going to be noisy.

They are noisy when grinding.

Even if they are quiet the issue is that when the grinder takes a crap you are often without a coffee maker too and they are quite regular from what I have heard from people I know who have owned them.

The grinder is usually pretty noisy since it's, well... grinding roasted beans at high speed. A good grinder should only take a few seconds to grind enough for a cup of brew.