At what age is a good age to retire? What age will you retire at and why?

• GFH

The age that you retire depends on your finances.  

I retired from full-time employment at age 62.  

• Nuff Sed

You can "retire" yet continue working at new things too. I retired from my third full-time career in 2003 and have found a niche in various volunteer pursuits that would otherwise go wanting.

I did before 40. Depends on your finances and how much you like working.

Shooting for 62, myself.

I put in my 10-year notice at work, last year.

Depends on your circumstance and financial resources and what you want to do when you retire.  I'm 61+ and just started a new job.  I'll be retiring anywhere from 2 years from now to 5 years from now.  Could be earlier also if this job doesn't work out.

Here in UK it used to be 60 for females but the government raised to it 66 for everyone and at 63 years old I have another 2 years and 11 months to work, even though I suffer from severe arthritis and type 2 diabetes.

The best age is when you have enough assets to permanently live well.

• Nuff Sed

Of course, many people with too much money prefer to keep working at things that "make a difference" or that they enjoy.

I was self employed, enjoyed it, and didn't retire until almost 78 years of age. After a year of retirement I'd kind of like to start another less demanding business.

• Lee

As early as possible. 55 is achievable for me. My work is stressful and I have far to many interests to work till 65... you have to pay in to your pensions people!

I've never worked in my life, and I'm 27, I've been studying for long. And If I ever get a job, I'll retire by my mid-50s

• Fuhr

Seven                 .