At what age is a good age to retire? What age will you retire at and why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • GFH
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The age that you retire depends on your finances.  

I retired from full-time employment at age 62.  

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You can "retire" yet continue working at new things too. I retired from my third full-time career in 2003 and have found a niche in various volunteer pursuits that would otherwise go wanting.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I did before 40. Depends on your finances and how much you like working.

• 2 months ago

Shooting for 62, myself.

I put in my 10-year notice at work, last year.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on your circumstance and financial resources and what you want to do when you retire.  I'm 61+ and just started a new job.  I'll be retiring anywhere from 2 years from now to 5 years from now.  Could be earlier also if this job doesn't work out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Here in UK it used to be 60 for females but the government raised to it 66 for everyone and at 63 years old I have another 2 years and 11 months to work, even though I suffer from severe arthritis and type 2 diabetes.

• 2 months ago

The best age is when you have enough assets to permanently live well.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Of course, many people with too much money prefer to keep working at things that "make a difference" or that they enjoy.

• 2 months ago

I was self employed, enjoyed it, and didn't retire until almost 78 years of age. After a year of retirement I'd kind of like to start another less demanding business.

• Lee
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

As early as possible. 55 is achievable for me. My work is stressful and I have far to many interests to work till 65... you have to pay in to your pensions people!

• 2 months ago

I've never worked in my life, and I'm 27, I've been studying for long. And If I ever get a job, I'll retire by my mid-50s

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Seven                 .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.