What does 'run that by me again' mean?

One time when i was staying at my mums she didn't catch the whole of what i was saying and she said to me 'run that by me again'. This is the first time i've heard someone say this and i don't know what it means. What does it mean?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

it means to repeat yo self

• Kate
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It means, "Can you repeat yourself, or can you repeat what you said"

• 8 months ago

Repeat what you just said. I didn't hear you.

• 8 months ago

It means 'could you say that again, I didn't catch the whole of what you were saying'. Sheesh. If you couldn't figure that out you must have a good deal of trouble in daily conversation. And if you didn't know what she meant when she said it, why didn't you say 'what does that mean?'

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cara
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It means either that she didn't hear it clearly, or she didn't understand it. Whichever, you have to repeat what you just said, maybe more slowly or distinctly. It's not necessarily her fault, by the way.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Huh? ------------------------

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It means you should learn how to use Google instead of wasting people's time posting on here. About 2,250,000,000 results in 0.55 seconds which is more than you'll ever get here, in much less time. Try being considerate for once, you narcissistic absolute p­rick.

• Wilson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

It means, 

REPEAT YOURSELF!!!

• 8 months ago

It means if you walked it by her she would of heard you the first time.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You've NEVER heard that and your native language is English?  It means "please say that again - I must not have heard you correctly".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.