Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 10 months ago

California teachers, can you help answer this question?

I m thinking about moving to Los Angeles, CA in 2020. I am a English teacher, and have experience working for a public school district. I hold a bachelor s degree but have years of experience in the classroom. How much would a California teacher make working at a public school system, given my qualifications and experience? I m asking because I was told that the annual wage is around 74-75K. For teachers out there, would I be able to make this much?

• drip

Did you look up the cost of living in and around LA? The cost of an average priced home.  Cost of rent for an one bedroom apartment in a decent /safe area? That salary won’t go far.

Then there is dealing with the traffic and smog. 

You can look up salaries online 

You can look up salary schedules for any public school. But yes, for LA Unified and Santa Monica you could make mid $70s with experience and credits. (Santa Monica paying a bit more than LAUSD as an example)