Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I’ve decided to divorce....now what? ?

After two years of cheating, drugs, and making a baby outside of our marriage I have decided to divorce my husband. The crazy thing is, he has now for the past two months been on his best behavior so I do feel bad about leaving now but I’m sure the change is temporary. Just yesterday he was texting his baby mom, the lady he had a child with during our engagement, that he basically loved her but he has made a commitment to me and he loves me too so he wants to stick it out in his marriage. That means nothing to me. I’m over being cheated on randomly and I’m over having to wonder if today is the day that the person I love had decided not to love me. Now I’m just ready to move on. What’s the best way to do this? I really just want to up and leave and never see him again. 

We don’t have any kids together and I’m the breadwinner. Also to those stating I should give him a second chance. He gave me two STDs on two separate occasions that thank God was curable. I’ve pretty much had enough 

• Ocimom

Do NOT give him anything.  Ditch him - he already gave you a nice gift of STD's and he has a baby with another woman.  He doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.  Call a lawyer and divorce him - marriage is over.  He will just go back to cheating on you and the other crap.

• Sally

You should do some soul-searching  to learn what you did that caused him to cheat on you.

Source(s): Donald Trump and Bill Clinton
    • SheilaK

What caused HIM to cheat?  Lady, ones choice to commit adultery is his choice, he made his choice now he has to take responsibility for HIS actions.  SHAME ON YOU.  

Go get yourself a lawyer should be the 1st step. You should have left when he gave you those STDs.

• glcang

WTF are you waiting for???

I am amazed at the amount of shiit women will put up with...where is your self respect for Christ’s sake???.

If you don't have kids with him there's no reason you would ever have to see him again once the divorce is final. So go to Nolo Press and download the divorce application forms for your state. The instructions on how to file it will be there too.

Cheating, drugs and having a baby with someone else ? That is a terrible thing to do to someone you supposedly love ? You have been putting up with a lot. And although I am not in favour of divorce i am not against it when adultery has taken place. He has been unfaithful towards you from the beginning. Red flags went up even before your marriage. You are still young I guess and you want a family ? You cant trust him and that is massive. When you have children, you want the father to be faithful and there for you and the children. He doesn’t respect you and is selfish. He only thinks of himself and his pleasures. You deserve a lot better.

THEN UP AND LEAVE HE WILL ALWAYS HAVE CONTACT WITH THE BABY MAMA BECAUSE OF THE CHILD IF YOU CAN'T GET OVER IT OR YOURSELF.

• 1 month agoReport

Whatever Kathy you gutterslut.

Where are you going to go?

Can you afford to support yourself?

Absolutely go; just make sure you're in a position to do so safely.

• Brittany1 month agoReport

Yes, I’m the breadwinner and we have no kids 

The rule is "once an addict, always an addict". Exceptions are rare. i'd follow through with your original plan and divorce him. He'll most likely go back to his ways should you stay with him. You've got your whole life ahead. Make it an enjoyable one. Best of luck.

Find somewhere to stay, family ETC.  Get your sh!t and leave and tell him never to contact you again.  Tell him he can go be with his baby mama who he loves and he can put her through all the crap he has put you through.  Your better than me, I would've left any female who got knocked up by another man, engagement, marriage, ETC it makes no difference.  Done.  Move on and find someone who will be good too you