Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do some successful, intelligent people still enjoy sex?

It’s so primitive and takes away time and focus from more productive activities. It’s just an instinct and brain chemicals to get an animal to reproduce.

Because sex is part of our primal nature and most adult bodies have sex hormones which causes a desire for sex. Don't know what else to tell you.

• rick

"Primative"? In what way? It's "primative", in the same way as eating, and breathing are "primative".

Most everyone likes it.

Intelligent or dumb.

Some day you'll experience it, if only with a blowup doll.

• oikoσ

Try it some time and you'll find out, even if you are neither successful nor intelligent.

• Mark

Why do you keep asking variations on this?  You seem obsessed with sex and "efficiency".  Having OCD is definitely NOT efficient.

I consider myself to be a fairly successful individual who, although not the most intelligent, was intelligent enough to provide myself with a healthy retirement and a healthy inheritance for my children once I pass on. As for enjoying sex it's much more than a means of reproduction. Im 78 years old and enjoying sex is one of the things that has kept me going. I'm sorry for you if you can't enjoy it. I guess you've never had the opportunity to have a partner who's satisfied you.

• Mmm J

Some? Probably most - if not all. Because it feels good.

What's not to like? Plus, it's free. Sort of.

• griggle

Upfront or the installment  plan. Yeah, I know.  Maybe I should have re-phrased that.