What is the popping noise in my chest?

I got into an accident about 2 and a half months ago where my sternum (chest bone) got fractured. It had healed up by now I'm sure. But when i stretch, my chest pops like it is breaking back apart again! Is this normal? Is it just adjusting back into the place it should be or is it releasing pressure from the injury??? If you know anything from past experience with the same thing, let me know. Thank you!

There is cartilage in the area ,you are hearing that adjust when you stretch.

• chris1 month agoReport

I guess thats the cartilage that held my chest together during healing because i can feel it over my chest its a little bumpy.

• Kyle

did you see a doctor?  I would see a doctor.  

• chris1 month agoReport

No because it does it normally and every time i stretch and doesn't hurt. Also its not breaking the fracture again it just sounds like it is. My question is what it is 
      making the popping noise and why. Because my chest never did it before the accident!