Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 10 months ago

Did the Prof Xavier have an English accent in the original comics ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Diana
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I read reprints of the earliest X-Men comics and Xavier spoke in American English.  

• 10 months ago

Well, they didn't write his dialogue with a bunch of 'Guv'na' or have him talking about tea & crumpets or other stereotypes if that's what you're asking.  He went to England for school and spent a lot of time there.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

he is from nyc in the original comics. he goes to school at oxford, but no affectation like that they write into banshee is notable. 

• User
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No.

[Me: big fan of the original X-Men.]

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

According to the original origin of Professor X (told in issue 12 of the original X-men series in 1965, he was raised in New Mexico near the site of the testing of the first atomic bombs.  The radiation from those test was the source of the mutation that gave him his powers.  He did not live in English and so would not have an English accent.

We are told that he spend some time in Europe when he was in his early 20s, and that he lost the use of his legs in an accident in Europe at that time.  But normally people do not develop different accents that late in life.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

In a comic book, there are no accents, it's whatever you imagined it to be. And as a kid I used to imagine that it was an American accent just off the comic books, but an English accent works even better for me now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.