Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 8 months ago

Dentist treatment ?

Hi guys. I’m from the UK and I have a dental appointment tommorow morning. There is a small hole in my back tooth so I think i need a filling rather than a tooth out. I have a Xmas party tommrow night and want to drink alcohol. Will I be fine ? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

not advisable to drink

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Who knows, ask the dentist.

• 8 months ago

If your dentist uses the normal composite based resin filling, then that is hardened immediately (the blue light), and you can do whatever you want once you're out of the door.

Other filling materials could take longer to harden. Ask your dentist.

If he uses anesthesia, you should take care not to chew off a bit of your cheek. Apart from that, there's no problem.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Most good dentists don't remove teeth for a small hole. If your dentist says he/she's going to remove the tooth, say No, it isnt necessary and make an appointment with another dentist. All that is required is a filling.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Yes, it will be fine to drink a few hours after a filling. You will have local anaesthetic which will have worn off and be out of your system. Your dentist will probably tell you not to eat on the new filing for an hour or two but, otherwise, you'll be good to go.

• 8 months ago

As long as you can have that cavity filled, you will be okay. Otherwise, that cavity can grow & grow, until it gets worse

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.