Can a person with high blood pressure eat pancakes, eggs, and sausage?

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

Of course, but not too much.

Of course you can. The primary culprit for elevated blood pressure is sodium, so the amount of salt used in preparing those foods could be a factor. Pancakes are considered refined carbohydrates and if eaten with syrup are particularly prone to increase one's weight. Eggs are a good balance between fat and protein, and I consume them without guilt. Sausage is a wonderful taste, but remember that the caloric content of carbs is 4 per gram, but for fat is 9 calories per gram.

• Clive

As long as it is under control, yes.  I have controlled high blood pressure and as long as I keep taking the tablets, I can eat what I like.  Doctors have only mentioned alcohol and sodium as things to avoid.  So take it from me, that's the message you will get from a heart specialist.

Heart failure like this is a different condition from being at risk of a heart attack, which is when the heart actually stops.  THAT is what you are at risk of from eating too much fatty food and having fat blocking blood vessels near the heart.

As long as the blood pressure is under control

Reducing sodium would help so limit the sausage but there really is not a problem with eating most foods. 

Personal opinion... harping on someone that has high blood pressure to cut back on sodium rich foods probably does more to increase blood pressure than eating the food itself. 

Sure! But, you won't see them long...

• patty

yes, eat poached or boiled eggs, pancakes with not too much oil in the pan, and low fat sausages (under 10% fat)

• denise

Maybe not a lot of sausages, because of the fat content.

Pancakes are ok with not too much sugar / syrup.

Yes. It's not wise to have this very often, but once in a great while is OK.

Not the sausage, but the rest is ok.

they can eat a dog if they want to