My manager has does nothing about my racist colleague?

At least 3 people have made complaints to my manager about a colleague being racist. Some of the comments were even made in front of the manager. 

The racist has made comments about black people, Muslims, Chinese people, Arabs, out loud in front of everyone on a number of occasions and it's still happening. 

The managers response was "you can't expect people to change over night, this is the person's personality and they're not used to holding back on voicing their opinion" 

I don't know what else to do. As a British white male I don't fall into the target of the racism but I have very close friends who do and I find this deeply hurtful. What can I do? 

• 1 year ago

You and your colleagues should document each occurrence including the conversations you've had with your manager. Submit this information to HR. 

• reme_1
    1 year ago

Can you go over your boss's head? Keep complaining . It is the responsibility of the manager to deal with this problem. Good luck.

• 1 year ago

Your manager could be in a heap of trouble. Contact the state employment office or a lawyer.

1 year ago

Quiť!

Ťhė only option to a situation such as

your own is finding anothr job w/ ppl

who rspct you for who you årė w/o bias !

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........