If a website already has your IP address and you are hiding your IP address currently, can they still find you?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If not using vpn you perform a iproute or tracert you can get to the dns server the user is assigned, this is typically regional with isp’s.  If using a vpn, My dns entry is not going to be from my isp, but the vpn provider. So no they cannot locate your home address. 

If you have web browser open and start the vpn, your session will still show the isp ip assigned to you. Close all browsers open vpn then go..  if you are logged into a site with username, they can tell your online only under the vpn. But location is anywhere the vpn is connected. 

• 1 month ago

They can see your activity from your other time and if it’s a website that requires any kind of account and you login they can find you. If it does not then they can only see the traffic from the last time you visited with no personal information associated.

• 1 month ago

You really think someone can "find you" with your IP address?  Stop watching TV you have no clue about the internet!  In 99% of cases the best anyone can do with your IP is find your ISP... .then with a COURT ORDER they MIGHT be able to find who you are or where you live! 

• ...Show all comments
    • Tracy L
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That really only shows the ISP and City not my location.. in fact mine is actually off by an entire city!

• 2 months ago

Yes, at least to your proxy.

Go to another ISP access point if you are that worried.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can use a VPN, Proxy Server, Tor, or your local coffee shop to hide your IP address

• Tommy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Need to clarify a couple things first. When you say they already have your IP, are you talking about your actual IP or the one you are using to hide behind? How are you hiding your IP? Proxie or VPN or ? Either one should prevent your real IP from showing. That doesn't mean they don't leak info tho.

• 2 months ago

Check out the window..... anyone.....how bout now???????????????

• Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

they can ALWAYS trace back your MAC address

• I Like Stories
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Your MAC address is removed by the first router that you hit.  The MAC from your PC is removed at the router in your house.  Your routers MAC address is removed at the first router at your ISP.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.