if you die what happens to your Facebook?

like if you die does your facebook just delete itself or does a friend do it? or does it just sit there unattended

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

I think Facebook will soon be dead. Although The Social Network was a great movie.

• Vivian
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

If I die, a relative or friend can request for my Facebook profile to become memorialized. It essentially freezes the page in time. Whoever requests it will have to give Facebook some proof that I have died, such as a death certificate. Photos and posts I've shared will stay visible.

To memorialize an account on Facebook, a request needs to be sent naming the deceased and providing your date of passing and proof of their death, such as an obituary or death certificate. Eventually, if it all checks out, Facebook will memorialize the account.

• 9 months ago

this is up to whoever is able to do anything but it doesn't get deleted manually

• 9 months ago

It stay there for your great great great great grand kids to see it until fb shuts down forever!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Who uses facebook?

• 9 months ago

It stay's there unless a Family Member Requests for the Account to be Deleted which can be Done through a Special Form

• 9 months ago

It stays there like it is

But if some relative has the password they can log on the account and notify his friends about his death

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It stay's there unless a Family Member Requests for the Account to be Deleted which can be Done through a Special Form

• 9 months ago

Nothing, unless you enabled the option to delete your account after your death.

• 9 months ago

A family member can place the account in memoriam and so the profile is never taken down and people can go to the profile to remember the person.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.