What kind of cable works for my PS4 to ethernet at house?

I got an ethernet cable that works for my dorms ethernet outlet, but now that I'm home theres a smaller outlet. Is there a different cable that I could buy to work from the bigger outlet on the PS4 and the outlet at the house?

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Sigh.......you poor thing you've never known the pleasures of wired telephones.

There ain't no Ethernet behind those RJ11s.

• 8 months ago

Yeah that's a telephone line. You won't be able to plug in with Ethernet since it is larger than than a phone cable.

You have a few choices: Run an Ethernet cable from your router to your room or use Wi-Fi. Ethernet is the preferred choice when online gaming since it is faster and more reliable than Wi-Fi. However, Wi-Fi is still a decent choice if you can't run Ethernet.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Those outlets are for telephone wire, not ethernet wire. At home, you likely have to connect via the WiFi connection rather than the ethernet.

• 8 months ago

Count the number of little metal connectors in the hole.  If there are only 4, then this is a PHONE  jack.  In fact the smaller jack tells you this.  connect via wifi if available. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.