How would you solve this ?

Update:

A 5kg marble moving @3cm/s hits a 2g ball at rest which then moves in same direction. Larger marble continues in straight line, but now at 1 m/s.a)How fast does the marble move? B)If the larger marble had stopped instantly as result of collision, how fast would smaller marble be moving? C)Suppose marbles switched and the 2g marble is moving at 3m/s as it hits the 5g marble which moves in same direction the 2g was moving. How fast would the small marble move in opposite direction @1.0cm/s?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

solve what??? there is nothing to solve

• 10 months ago

Momentum MUST be conserved ( energy may be conserved ) I am sure that your large marble is 5 g not 5kg. ( big marble that).

a) the large marble has lost 5*(3-1) = 10 g cm/s so the small one has gained this.2*v = 10 -> v= 5 cm/s

b) large marble has lost 15 g cm/s so the small one gains that.  2*v= 15 -> v= 7.5 m/s

c) I cannot understand your statement.  Which marble is moving at 1 cm/s?  If I guess right then the large marble gains 5*1 = 5 g cm/s

The small marble must lose this ie 2*(3-v) = 5 -> (3-v) = 2.5 -> v=0.5 cm/s in the same direction as it was originally moving.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

This can be solved by adding that to it

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

solve what ? theres nothing there 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Solve what?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.