What is a good very inexpensive 4k smart tv between 43" and 50"?

I will not be using it for gaming so the most important thing to me is a good picture at any viewing angle. Also good back light and all that stuff

Favorite Answer

At that screen size you will see no visible benefit between 4K and 1080HD.

The only reason that 4K TVs of those sizes exist is simply for marketing purposes: most people do not realise that the difference cannot be appreciated until the diagonal screen size passes 56” and it needs to be in excess of 60” to really be noticeable.

Any top tier brand at those sizes will be more than adequate. A lot of second and third tier TVs will also be fine for many, but they tend to have awful remote control designs and limited input options. 

Saving money by not buying 4K means you’ll have money left over for reasonable soundbase, soundbar or best of all for a surround sound receiver and speakers.

LG, Samsung, Panasonic are all very good, so is Sony but you pay for their name and they’re not quite as good in general terms as the best of their competitors. I’m not claiming that others aren’t as good as those. 

Richer Sounds is a superb source of bargain deals, especially if you can wait until after the Christmas holidays. John Lewis also do some excellent deals.

• John

I check pricewatch for stuff like that.

you could try amazon, they sell used stuff there