Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 9 months ago

Can you buy 5 percent permethrin cream to kill scabies at a local cvs without a prescription? To save a doctors appointment possibly ?

I’m not really looking for backlash about how you should go to the doctor to be sure it is scabies, I am simply curious if anyone knows if you can purchase it without a prescription? Thanks! 

i've seen it in tubes at the dollar store for literally $1.00 years ago (3% cream, i think). don't know if they still carry it and i don't remember what the product was called. look at the bug sprays and pay attention to the ingredients. ebay would probably also have it if you're willing to wait a few days.

NO!!!!  ONLY YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OR ANOTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER ( URGENT CARE) CAN SCRIP THE MEDICATIONS NEEDED FOR THE MITES THAT CAUSE THE SCABIES

Source(s): NURSE
  • Tulip

Script only.......

I don't think so.