If my car is insured and I let someone drive it and they have an accident am I covered?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As long as they do not live in your household and they only drive your vehicle occasionally........Yes.   

Cars are insured, not people

• Jacob1 month agoReport

My plan says that the other two people in my house are not attached.

• 1 month ago

Some insurance plans specify that stuff.   I am the only one covered in my liability plan.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably, depending on the particulars involved.  Your vehicle insurance will cover it if the other vehicle's insurance doesn't.  Your rate may go up.

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes. But not fully. They usually cover property damage then some liability like emergency medical but little else unless you pay for it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nope your screwed

• Leeenda1 month agoReport

Wrong answer....................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

NO!

Unless you have a multiple driver policy which cost a fortune or they are named on your policy . Then they are not covered.

Don't ask here ask your insurance company.

• 2 months ago

Most, but not all, policies will insure people who drive your car, provided you permitted them to drive.

Read your policy.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you are. The driver is also covered as a permissive user.

• 2 months ago

I think it depends on the state, and whether THE CAR is insured, or THE DRIVER. If that person shares your dwelling - you're screwed..

• ...Show all comments
    • John
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Fleet insurance in insurance that covers multiple vehicles and multiple drivers.

• 2 months ago

It depends on your policy.  No in some places, yes in another.  Check with your agent.  Don't rely completely on your agent.  Read your policy too.  If you add them as a driver on your policy, then you would be but that isn't done for one lending incident. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.