If my car is insured and I let someone drive it and they have an accident am I covered?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 6
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

As long as they do not live in your household and they only drive your vehicle occasionally........Yes.   

Cars are insured, not people

• 7 months ago

The car is covered,not the driver 

• 10 months ago

Some insurance plans specify that stuff.   I am the only one covered in my liability plan.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Probably, depending on the particulars involved.  Your vehicle insurance will cover it if the other vehicle's insurance doesn't.  Your rate may go up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Yes. But not fully. They usually cover property damage then some liability like emergency medical but little else unless you pay for it.

• 10 months ago

Nope your screwed

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

NO!

Unless you have a multiple driver policy which cost a fortune or they are named on your policy . Then they are not covered.

Don't ask here ask your insurance company.

• 10 months ago

Most, but not all, policies will insure people who drive your car, provided you permitted them to drive.

Read your policy.

• 10 months ago

Yes, you are. The driver is also covered as a permissive user.

• 10 months ago

I think it depends on the state, and whether THE CAR is insured, or THE DRIVER. If that person shares your dwelling - you're screwed..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.