If my car is insured and I let someone drive it and they have an accident am I covered?

• May
    Favorite Answer

As long as they do not live in your household and they only drive your vehicle occasionally........Yes.   

Cars are insured, not people

• Jacob1 month agoReport

My plan says that the other two people in my house are not attached.

Some insurance plans specify that stuff.   I am the only one covered in my liability plan.

Probably, depending on the particulars involved.  Your vehicle insurance will cover it if the other vehicle's insurance doesn't.  Your rate may go up.

• John

Yes. But not fully. They usually cover property damage then some liability like emergency medical but little else unless you pay for it.

Nope your screwed

• Leeenda1 month agoReport

Wrong answer....................

NO!

Unless you have a multiple driver policy which cost a fortune or they are named on your policy . Then they are not covered.

Don't ask here ask your insurance company.

Most, but not all, policies will insure people who drive your car, provided you permitted them to drive.

Read your policy.

Yes, you are. The driver is also covered as a permissive user.

I think it depends on the state, and whether THE CAR is insured, or THE DRIVER. If that person shares your dwelling - you're screwed..

• John

Fleet insurance in insurance that covers multiple vehicles and multiple drivers.

It depends on your policy.  No in some places, yes in another.  Check with your agent.  Don't rely completely on your agent.  Read your policy too.  If you add them as a driver on your policy, then you would be but that isn't done for one lending incident.