If my car is insured and I let someone drive it and they have an accident am I covered?

• May

As long as they do not live in your household and they only drive your vehicle occasionally........Yes.   

Cars are insured, not people

The car is covered,not the driver 

Some insurance plans specify that stuff.   I am the only one covered in my liability plan.

Probably, depending on the particulars involved.  Your vehicle insurance will cover it if the other vehicle's insurance doesn't.  Your rate may go up.

Yes. But not fully. They usually cover property damage then some liability like emergency medical but little else unless you pay for it.

Nope your screwed

NO!

Unless you have a multiple driver policy which cost a fortune or they are named on your policy . Then they are not covered.

Don't ask here ask your insurance company.

Most, but not all, policies will insure people who drive your car, provided you permitted them to drive.

Read your policy.

Yes, you are. The driver is also covered as a permissive user.

I think it depends on the state, and whether THE CAR is insured, or THE DRIVER. If that person shares your dwelling - you're screwed..