A Manchester United fans words ?

" The fans from before 1987 are the hardcore…. They suffered for years but stayed loyal…." ~ a true red devil.

the fans that were 'born' in the late 80s early 90s and watched us win everything were the blessed generation but they had no idea how hard we had to work to get to that level.

i wonder if any of them realise we were once under liverpools shadow for a long long time..

• GibBas

The majority of hard core utd fans from round about where I used to live in the 80's were very strongly against Fergie and wanted him out, Until that is, their fortunes changed and from then on they always strongly denied not having faith in Fergie. I couldn't repeat some of the terms they used on here to describe him before things changed for the better.

Very true.

The same could be said about us lot my age ( late 30s early 40s ) who were around 10,11, or 12 when we last won the league and then had to experience our entire teens and early adulthood, watching your lot winning the premier league so many times.

We remained loyal to our club through the 30 year title drought. Every club has loyal fans though who are 'hardcore' no matter what happens.

Yes and they are now back under Liverpool's shadow.