Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 months ago

Why are Hispanics so bad at parenting?

I don’t hate anyone (I even took a minute to think hard of anyone I did). I’m not saying Hispanics hate their kids, or that they’re not loving. My question is over discipline. I work retail, and every single day their kids are either pulling shirts off racks, screaming, running around, or generally doing things they shouldn’t be doing. The mothers never pay any attention to them, and in fact have even smiled at me over it, like it’s cute. I’m not saying every other race is perfect in the parenting department, but from pure observation (almost 3 years at my job) maybe a handful out of the hundreds of parents that I’ve seen with kids, have actually told their kids to stop. Well, I’m assuming they’re telling their kids to stop, it’s always said in Spanish. Before anyone says I need to get out more, I’m hardly ever at home. It’s not just my job, it’s almost everywhere. Especially Target or the mall. Is it culture? Is it not caring? This isn’t a racist rant, I’m genuinely curious.

Culture. They typically allow their kids to run amok and never punish them what o ever. 

They also pop kids out like a human water slide and leech off the government while running illegal business

whatever you mention how hispanic children behave, i seen that behavior in white and black families too. i'm mexican american and you should have seen how i was brought up. you have no idea what an old fashion parents and grandparents i had.

I see it all the time!! I think they have head injuries

from soccer..head trauma

Source(s): They smile like it's so cute

To them they are not bad parents and do not realize they are not teaching their children how to productive citizens.  

Doesn't have anything to do with Hispanics, or even race/culture for that matter, it's most likely just cuz Hispanic people hate you (i would 2) and they wanna annoy you wit their children cuz u a racist smh my head.

• edward

It’s the parents in particular. I could say the same thing about native people at my job but there are some excellent native parents out there. I understand you mean majority but it’s usually due to the specific parenting that person does

I'm genuinely curious why you would care so much about other people's life decisions.

I work in retail and see bad parenting across all cultures, and good parenting as well.

That does happen at low end stores 

Target

Walmart 

K Matt

Dollar stores

And it's not just Hispanics.😉