Why the hell have I got a permanent scar on my left arm by a high school vaccine that doesn't work?

It is for Tuberculosis.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Cause you was dumb enough to let them shot you with an experimental vaccine

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you've got a scar on your upper arm, it wasn't caused by a TB vaccination - not in the U.S. In countries with high rates of TB infection, infants are often given the Bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine, or BCG. Doctors in the U.S. don’t generally recommend it or administer it because TB isn’t a widespread problem here. The only people in the US who are vaccinated against TB are those who are considered to be at a very high risk for TB. 

Health care workers and food service workers are given a routine TB skin test every year. It tests for the presence of TB, and it's administered directly under the topmost layer of skin on your forearm. It never leaves a scar.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The BCG vaccine is actually highly effective against TB (Tunberculosis). The small scar on your arm is indicative of what TB itself would do to your lings, but in a massive way (imagaine that scar covering the whole top of your arm!).

• 2 months ago

I have that scar too. Vaccines do work. The scar also indicates you have been inoculated and don't need it again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The vaccine is administered shortly after birth only in infants at high risk of tuberculosis.  So you must have been high risk.

• 2 months ago

How do you know it doesn't work?

• Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Talk to your doctor. There are ways they can freeze it and maybe remove it?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.