True or false: one is homophobic if s/he respects lgbt people but does not want his or her kids to have homosexual roles?

Do you think you can have that kind of mentality too?

No, but if your child does end up being a homosexual, you have to respect 'em as well

False, There's a difference between respecting people, and wishing those differences on your children. I respect all people, the majority of my friends are in the LGBTQ community, but I don't wish for my children to join them. If they do, of course I'll love them the same, but I don't wish that on them because of the hardship they'll receive and people like me have to combat to keep them safe. 

Your actions are screaming so loudly I can barely even hear what you're saying.  You care if your kids are gay but you basically just threw the "I respect LGBT people" in there so you can say you're not a homophobe and rationalize your behavior.  That's just as ridiculous as when people say "Hate the sin, love the sinner."  Do you see where the conflict is there?  There's obviously a war going on in your mind between ideality and reality and you need to figure some things out.  

May God give you some seriously super flamboyantly gay children.  It's absolutely essential so you can grow as a person.Matthew 543 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

YES TO TRUE but some of us who are real bible believing CHRISTIANS have been warning many people that when it comes to the six coloured crusaders when you give them an inch they will TAKE A MILE.

False:  The parent just wants someone who is easier to deal with.  Lgbt kids have issues parents can not relate to.  Therefore when they seek advise, a parent who is str8 can not relate and can feel akward and not useful.

No, you're not homophobic for not wanting your kids to be gay - as long as, like you said, s/he respects LGBT+ people.

However, in the event that his/her child does turn out gay, s/he still has to respect the kid :-)

Being homosexual is not a role. I hoped my son would not be in part because I lived through the 80s and saw the discrimination my friends faced. That doesn't mean I don't accept him and love him any less than if he were straight.

• Peter

Homophobe is a name given to normal folk that do not accept the homosexual way of life.

Yes thats homophobic. Its implying that theres something wrong with gay people and thats why you dont want your kids to be gay. If you saw gay people as equal, and if you completley respected them, you wouldnt mind if your child was gay or not.

It may be because they're concerned about the negative effect homophobia might have on their children, like putting them at risk, being insulted, not doing well in their careers etc. If not, I can't think of a reason right now why that wouldn't be homophobic.