True or false: one is homophobic if s/he respects lgbt people but does not want his or her kids to have homosexual roles?

Do you think you can have that kind of mentality too?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No, but if your child does end up being a homosexual, you have to respect 'em as well

• 1 month ago

No, you're not homophobic for not wanting your kids to be gay - as long as, like you said, s/he respects LGBT+ people.

However, in the event that his/her child does turn out gay, s/he still has to respect the kid :-)

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

homosexual roles?? What is that?

It is always the hardest when it is your child.

• Being homosexual is not a role. I hoped my son would not be in part because I lived through the 80s and saw the discrimination my friends faced. That doesn't mean I don't accept him and love him any less than if he were straight.

• David1 month agoReport

well that's your choice how about letting real Christians have a choice of what behaviour they agree with or not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In that case I would say there is homophobic tendencies.

Let me explain.

Lets say you say you have no problem with black people.

Its just that you dont want any in your family.

You see the two opinions conflict.

• David1 month agoReport

why do stupid people on the left like to always insult black people in this world and some are even CHRISTIAN  when they like to compare a persons SKIN COLOUR WITH SOMEONES BEHAVIOUR. WHY CANT THESE FOOLS GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

• 1 month ago

WTF is a 'homosexual role'?

• ...Show all comments
    • David1 month agoReport

YOU ARE BLIND TOO IT ALL. look at all the pride marches with those sick coloured flags

• Bee V2
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes thats homophobic. Its implying that theres something wrong with gay people and thats why you dont want your kids to be gay. If you saw gay people as equal, and if you completley respected them, you wouldnt mind if your child was gay or not.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bee V2
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

hey i too can talk WEIRD and make no type of SENSE in my sentenceS when you are good at SENTENCES.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's pure ignorance.

• 1 month ago

It may be because they're concerned about the negative effect homophobia might have on their children, like putting them at risk, being insulted, not doing well in their careers etc. If not, I can't think of a reason right now why that wouldn't be homophobic.

• ...Show all comments
    • Big Mouth
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

This is just sad.  That's not your battle to fight.  Everybody experiences these things no matter who they are.  Gay or straight.  Seems to me like you're just using this as an excuse in an attempt to "turn" them straight because you don't agree with who they are.

• 1 month ago

What does homosexual roles even mean?

• Arc7
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I assumed he was talking about TV /movie actors playing gay characters.

• Arc7
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is not homophobia......Respect their preferences. 

Update ---  What is the age range you are talking about ?

No-one knows it for certain until they reach sexual maturity. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Arc7
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I assumed OP was talking about TV /movie actors playing gay characters......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.