What happens if you roll back into the car behind you in a MANUAL TRANSMISSION CAR?

Say if I roll back maybe 6-7 inches and I hit or tap the car behind me while I'm in a hill 

Would it be my fault for rolling back and hitting the car behind me or would it be the car behind me who gets blame for being to close?? How much space/distant is required by law?? 

I'm not very good at not rolling back too much and cars these days just get to close and they don't even consider the fact that I might be driving a manual transmission car but they get so close or at least that's what it looks like in my mirrors which is why I'm very scared of hills and I don't want to use handbrakes because idk how to and I don't want to 

Usually I try to let the clutch up to the bite point to where it holds the car from rolling back from little to none but the rpms always drops lower and jerks the car either that or I would try release the clutch as much as I can without the car shaking and would let go of the brake and quickly press the gas and what would happen is I stay the same just the wheels are spinning like I'm doing a burnout 

Either that or I get it almost just right where I roll like maybe 4 inches and drive off but with a higher rpm 

I guess my question really is would I be the one getting in trouble for rolling back and hitting their car if they were the ones close to me and they didn't take in consideration that I might be driving a manual car that would most likely roll back but I feel like I might hit almost every car cause they're all so close to your bumper  

It's so shamefully to can not use a manual gearshift. If you can't drive with mkpp - you a can not drive a car

Yes if you roll back into him it would be your fault. Find a hill where there are no cars and practise

The guy who CAN'T DRIVE A MANUAL.  There is a way not to roll back even half an inch...let alone 7 inches.  Usually the guy behind you is driving a BIG TRUCK SO you scratch the paint on his BUMPER...while you cave in the rear of your car.  YOU LOSE.   & if it happens to be a GANG OF BIKERS...you lose again.

. Meaning practice,practice,practice.

You have to practice this until you can do it right. We cannot argue your car into following bad driving skill but going right. When you hit another car, you are obliged to repair the damage. They can stop behind you to the point they can't see your back tires and your're supposed to be able to keep in control of your car.

Get a Subaru or Studebaker with No-Roll.

• Edna

Drivers behind you don't have to "take into consideration" that you might be driving a car with manual transmission. They don't know and don't care what kind of transmission your car has. 

If you're "very scared" that you're going to roll backward on a hill in a car with manual transmission, then I suggest that you trade-in your manual transmission car for a car that has automatic transmission. 

From what you wrote, it sounds as if you don't know how to safely operate a car with manual transmission.

• Ron

Of course it's your fault. They didn't hit you.

you dont know how to drive a manual ..you always use your handbrake ...you dont roll back an inch ...just a matter of co-ordination ...your stopped ..handbrake on ..to move .release the clutch till you feel the bite ..then release handbrake and press throttle at same time ...

• Jay P

It would be your fault.  It doesn't matter that the vehicle behind you is very close and sniffing your exhaust...

Controlling a manual transmission vehicle on an incline is one of the things you should have been taught.  If not, it's pretty easy:

- when you come to a stop, set the parking/emergency brake

- when you're about to pull away from the start, get ready to release the e-brake but before you do, get the engine speed up and catch the clutch friction point

- as the clutch begins to catch, release the e-brake and you'll be on your way...without rolling backwards first.

Set the park brake, release clutch to the bite point while stepping on the gas.  When you feel the car wants to move, release park brake.  That is all you need to do.