Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 8 months ago

I want to travel to thailand indonesia and australia but I dont want to be confined to time limits?

I just want to move on when I feel like it , obviously visa's id keep to, but not when a plane ticket tells me I have to go home, I dont want a set time I have lots to do and I want to go home when I have finished which is an unknown time , with months of variation.

Is that possible or its it some difficult mess?

On a tourist visa you are not allowed to work or earn money so you will need to have sufficient funds with you when you arrive for the length of time you intend to be in Australia. If  you want to spend an extended time in Australia and you are rich enough to do that, you can discuss it with the Department of Immigration.

Visiting as a tourist, you are only allowed to stay for a certain amount of time. So you can't just change your mind and stay for however long you like.

Australia might put you up on one of our three tropical paradise islands. You might spend a lazy 3 months relaxing under the palm trees on Nauru, Manus island or Christmas island.

You can buy a plane ticket any time up to the day of the flight, if there are seats available. It usually costs a lot more to book last minute which is why many people book ahead. The only thing is that many countries want to have some assurance that you will leave before your visa expires and if you have a return ticket when you enter the country it looks like you intend to leave. Some of them actually require you to have a return ticket or they won't let you in. Of course, you can cancel a return ticket after you're in that country and buy another ticket later. It will just cost you more money. And buying a plane ticket at the last minute is a bit of a red flag for customs people because drug smugglers do that more than most people.

it is possible