If everyone speaks to God, why need a church or a pastor, minister, priest, Imam, et. al.?

The expansion of churches reeks of folks claiming to speak to God; it's time to say nobody really does.

• Mintee

in the Sunni sect (the most prevalent in Islam).. we dont use a middle man, we pray directly to God/Allah... now the shia sect of Islam uses Imams, as a go between.. somewhat would remind you of how christians use Jesus (:a prophet) as a go between to God...

We have to think about what We think God looks like! Then pray to him as you can see him in your mind, at that time he is really really right in front of you listening and answering prayers, thank you Lord in Jesus name amen 

To administer the saving ordinances of baptism, confirmation and the gift of the Holy Ghost, endowment with power, marriage, etc.

The role of the Pastor does not diminish the need for the individual to speak to God.

• Sean

According to the bible, you don't. There should be no person between you and God. That doesn't mean you can't have a "bishop" as the bible calls it, who is a spiritual advisor, but your relationship with God should be between you and God. I would suggest you read the bible, starting in John to gain a grasp of what Jesus said and why he said it. Then eventually make your way to Timothy, which explains what our church leaders are supposed to be like and what they are supposed to do and not do. Then perhaps make your way to Colossians 2:16-23 that shows us not to let others necessarily bind us into legalism, and that our relationship with God should be one of the heart, not obligation set by men who are self-righteous.

Furthermore, grow in discernment of the character of God so that you can know who actually follows him and who doesn't. This will keep you from being misled. Jesus himself warns that in the last days there will be many false teachers who will have words that will tickle our ears in the ways we want to hear about God, but it will be devoid of what he is actually like.

the only ones who are heard by God are those of The Body of the True Church He commissioned... and those who are honestly seeking to be...... no pastor or priest is needed to speak for those of God's Church..... there is only one intercessor to God on behalf of man-kind and that is God's Son Jesus The Christ........ no "imam" is heard by God

deanv0547@yahoo.com

That is because you do not take into account the fact that religions are money making scams.

Completely useless parasites invented religions to make themselves appear needed, and while they would say that everyone can speak to 'god', only they can really understand when he talks back.

• Kin

Some people are blessed by God with wisdom and knowledge and understanding from God which they can help others understand deeper the meanings of God's Words, only sharing His Holy Words, His Commands and telling them what is good that God brought to mankind. Which means, they cannot provide any opinions or suggestions or however when it comes to the Words of God, they cannot have any opinions and cannot alter anything either. 

Places of worship, are the houses of God; the places to worship God such as Mosque. 

The mosques belongs to Allah which means its His Houses of Worship where His servants come to worship Him and to remember Allah. Although, we can worship Allah wherever we want even in our own homes and can always be in the Presence of God when performing prayer. Although, there are times where its better to be in the House of Worship, a time to be in a house that God loves and Allah rewards, gives generous rewards to whomever comes to His House of Worship sincerely as well.I will provide an excellent example in the comments and you're welcome to see.

The Houses of God are holy, and where He is mentioned. And to mention God in public or at home is truly holy, and very good.

You don't need "religion", it needs you. What people need is a one on one relationship with Yeshua.

Joh 8:23-24 Yeshua said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he [the messiah] you will die in your sins.”

Mat 10:37-38 [Yeshua speaking] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Is Yeshua ("Jesus") the most important thing in your life? How much time do you spend with Him every day? Is He your friend?

Spend time every day singing (out loud) praise and worship songs... these songs should mention the blood of Jesus, the cross, and/or attributes of the character and nature of God. Here are a few of my favorites (you can set it to shuffle play so they play in random order):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kjGV_3m9r...

Spend time in prayer every day (praying out loud). Here are prayers I say every day. Modify them as you see fit for your situation and circumstances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/90p7lbr5h41ojf3/Daily%20...

Spend time every day reading your Bible (reading out loud). I use the E.S.V. but the King James (not the "New" King James) is the most accurate translation as it is the ONLY translation that uses the Textus Receptus manuscripts.

Praying in tongues is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Learn to pray in tongues, and pray in tongues for at least an hour every evening before going to bed. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document I put together to help people understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pibf1bwoqmoo74/Pray%20i...

Here is some "soaking" music to listen to while praying or reading - it is important to pray and read out loud, there is power in the spoken word: