How do I decorate a house with 3 male roommates?

I'm a female. I'm moving in with my boyfriend and his 2 friends soon and they want me to decorate. I have kinda like a boho/hippie style but I'm also super girly and so are all of my decorations that I own. So I'm not entirely sure that they'd like my decor but they're leaving it up to me. HELP

Favorite Answer

They left it to you. They said so.  SO TAKE YOUR FINE *** & GIRLIFY CAUSE YOU ARE A "WOMAN" (Shania Twain song)  Super Pink is back and she's a B-tch!   Try to make it on Worse Homes Magazine(Bizarro world opposite of Better Homes) Superman comics...  It is only a color. & frilly flowers & perfume and dainty things.  Make them RUE THE DAY they said "Do what you want."

www.the-interior-market.com has a lot of decor categorized into styles it might be worth checking it out for ideas!

• JASON

Try sticking the three of them on the walls.

Boho/hippie may have looked great in a dorm room, but now you will be sharing a space with three guys, so the girly stuff should stay in your bedroom.

If upholstered furniture is kept in solid colors, you can very well add patterns and other colors in the form of pillows, throw blankets, curtains, and area rug, and wall art.

You can keep some of your girly Flair without being too feminine by avoiding pinks and purples. Out of the four of you, there's probably a pretty good selection of furniture to choose from to use in the common areas. So take inventory to see who has what and use what you can to get a cohesive look.

• Cammie

Make it sleek and clean and fresh.White walls, simple art work and comfortable.No frills or too many pinks.Keep the super girly stuff for your bedroom.A farm house look or a beachy look would work.

• F

Super glue them to the walls?

Show them the stuff you have and ask if they are ok with it. If they say again that they do not care and just want you to decorate then do whatever you want. If they have an opinion then yall can work together to come up with something like maybe boho but with less girly stuff. 

Given you are sharing (regardless of with whom), then it only polite to come up with a scheme that people are OK... leave the hippy stuff to your bedroom

So decorate and then ask if there's anything any of them really can't stand looking at. They said you could decorate. Do it.

Do your own thing. Guys tend to have terrible taste in decorations and they seem to know this since they want you to do it. Just nothing a 14 year old girl would like