Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

What should I do if my cat doesn’t like being inside?

She was born on our back porch in June and I took her to the vet and everything to get her shots and spayed, she loves me and my family but every time I try to bring her inside she just paces and sniffs everything and scratches at the door. I really want her to be safe but she likes being outside better. What should I do?

Keep the cat indoors or face the fact it will be stolen ran over or killed in some matter since you refuse to keep it indoors 

• Maxi

You have three choices, you allow her out as and when she wants, you keep her an an indoor cat and provide enough climbing trees/toys to entertain her or you build a catico, so she can safely be outside but secure and safe

Stop being so spineless. Bring her indoors, shut the door, don't let her out.

• PR

Can you allow her out during the daytime and then bring her inside at night? A cat should always be in at night for safety reasons. Some cats just love to sit in the sun, watch things, chase things, etc. Put a collar and I.D. on her and give her this option and see how it goes. Some cats also prefer to "potty" outside, and do not like using the litter.

Maybe build her a comfortable den next to your house. That may act as a half-way house, showing her the benefits of being indoors, that will encourage her to come into your house. If you leave food inside the den she may connect being indoors with comfort and easy food.