Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

Is my blood pressure too low?

Is this an accurate test, it was at a pharmacy.

It's my normal blood pressure without medication. 

Sometimes it's like my brain is inside of a different place, it must be what dizzy is. I'm also only eating food from my family's fridge and drink water. Unless they buy 🍕. I don't like fast-food. Idk. Never heard of healthcare until I was 8, seems random ...

My concern was that its just normal like this but i could never raise it past 120/80. Maybe I'm checking during all the wrong times. 

• 87/46?  Unless you are extremely unusual, you should be barely conscious with those pressures.  I'd have to think that either the machine was inaccurate or you put the cuff on wrong, or perhaps the cuff was too large.

i would ask your doctor or pharmacist this question

that's kinda like stepping on a scale and asking the same question, who knows?

Are you fainting? dizzy? then it's not too low.

I have low bp, my doctor and I talked, my doctor said it was no big deal.

That's really low but you may have had the cuff on incorrectly. Do you feel dizzy? Go find another machine somewhere and take it again. If you have blood pressure issues you should have a home machine. You can get a decent one on Amazon for $40-70.  But yeah that's too low.

Unless you were nearing unconsciousness or you're an infant, I wouldn't believe this reading. These pharmacy machines get placed and then rarely get looked at or calibrated, they're often inaccurate. 

You can buy a cuff and a stethoscope for 20 dollars at a Walmart and take it manually from instructions you find on YouTube. It's the most accurate way to take it on yourself or on other people. 

• 1 month agoReport

Thanks, I don't believe the textbook values, or I don't know something. People having high values I don't believe them. A doctor checking it is around 110/70, but still too high for me.