Jamie asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 12 months ago

I accidentally walked in on my roommates having sex, what do I do?

After cooking chili dogs with my two roommates, who are significant others, I went upstairs to have a shower, but I forgot to bring a pair of pjs to put on after my shower. So I quickly ran downstairs to grab a pair before hopping in the shower, only to find one of them going down on the other. Before I could stop myself, I yelled "oh dear", prompting her to yell at me. I ran back upstairs super fast while yelling "sorry!" and am now sitting in the bathroom mortified. What do I do to break the tension? Or do I just throw myself out the window and move away?

Edit: maybe I should clarify, this was in the kitchen where we had been making chili dogs

If they were doing that in a common area, not your fault. If you actually do share a room with them, and entered without knocking, then it's on you.

Say..."I'm sorry for walking in on you guys.....didn't know what was going on......not made at you......it works for me by the way....that looked really awesome!" Carry On!

take your penis out

maybe join in.......................

Lol.  If I were you, I'd burn my retinas out, throw myself out the window and run down the street naked until I got hit by a truck.  Then I'd ask the driver where he's headed and if he could give me a ride there as well.  When I got there, I'd lay on the sidewalk, curl up into the fetal position and reconsider my entire life as I shiver, moan and suck my thumb.

walk in on them next time and join them

Instead of jumping out the window, how about apologizing for the intrusion, followed by the suggestion that a lock be put on the door in question. Problem solved.   

It was just sex.. not sure why you're so freaked out.

u should have joined in..It's a good time to talk to your roommate about signals (the ol' sock or tie on the door) to communicate to one another that you'd like privacy. If this is a shared room, it's fair to expect a warning that it's occupied like that. I recommend texting one another "hey room is gonna be busy for 20 minutes" or whatever and then "room is safe" when you're done. This is common courtesy

I would have joined them, you missed a golden opportunity