Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 months ago

Ongoing kidney infection symptoms?

I went to the doctors last Friday with kidney pain, lower abdominal pain and other uti symptoms, did a urine dip stick test and it showed blood, high protein, bacteria etc. I was given a 7 day course of antibiotics which end tomorrow but symptoms are still persistent. The pain is constant in my right side of the back and more severe in my lower right abdomen that it previously was, I’m extremely nauseous and have no appetite. Should I go back to the gp or wait another week or so off antibiotics to see if it clears itself up with time

You do need to go back to the doctor, it could be that the antibiotics you got were not the right ones for your type of infection and you need another cycle of a different one.

In the mean time, it's very helpful that you drink lots of water, stay away from sweet foods (bacteria feed of sugar) and drink acid things.

Source(s): I'm a Dietitian

Since it ends tomorrow and still is not better you should definitely go and get checked again.

• Tavy

Go back, you might have a kidney stone or need different antibiotics. Don't leave it, I have had renal colic and it's terrible.

UK.

• Tulip

Call back.......