Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 8 months ago

Do some drivers think that "Yield to Pedestrians" signs at crosswalks are there as decorations or something? ?

They clearly see that I'm like a third of the way crossing the street and they just keep going. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Laughy
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

I doubt that. Problem is, most people think that what they're doing is more important than what other people are doing. 

• 8 months ago

They might if they bothered to keep their eyes on the road instead of on their electronic devices.

• 8 months ago

And the pedestrians that just walk out in front of vehicles?

• 8 months ago

By law, drivers only are obliged to exercise due diligence to avoid striking or endangering pedestrians crossing in the crosswalk. Drivers are not required to remain static after you are no longer in their path, and by law pedestrians are obliged to not linger or intentionally impede traffic, and that includes forbidding them to stop or turn back. Pedestrians are also forbidden to enter the street while approaching  traffic is close enough to pose danger to them. Read all of VC21950.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Let them clip you slightly and fall down. Easiest $40 grand you ever made.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

How would we know what "some drivers think"?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

In the US driving licenses are handed out like candy. I haven't seen any driver acting like that since moving to Norway, whereas in the US it happened at least once every 10 minutes on the road.

• Pete L
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They are just selfish or don't understand English. If the signs read 'Give way to pedestrians' they'd understand!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.