Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 months ago

Why are our laws so stupid?

I hit my neighbor who came on my property and got in my face and now I'm the one with felony assault on my record.

From what you tell us, you made an unprovoked attack on your neighbor. And, no, just being on your property is not grounds for hitting them. Even if you ordered them off the property and they don't move, you still can't legally go hitting them.

What you can do legally, which is what you should have done, is call the cops and ask for their assistance in removing the trespasser. But no, you had to commit assault and battery.

If this is the Whole truth, this one isn't "stupid".

I have been to court, judge Laughs at those who protest they hit someone "because he bad mouthed me" or something  It isn't the 18th century anymore, where U can shoot on sight or duel. 

\

Just because U gut caught doesn't make your rationalization proper. You have a Criminal attitude; "its legal if I Don't get caught" Or: "  I'm smarter than the Last guy",.

they are only stupid if u are dumb stupid *****

You must be black, if so thats just how it is lol. Because I've seen a story of a white man shooting a boy that entered his yard to retrieve a football and got away with it because "he thought he was attempting to rob him". Say you thought the guy was trying to enter your house in court

I'm guessing you are leaving something out.

No it is not the laws that are stupid, it is you.  If someone trespasses, you call the police.  That is what they are there for.   You do not take the law into your own hands.

So you assaulted someone and then ended up with a felony assault on your record? Looks like everything is working just fine to me.  

• Mark

Because before you "hit" him, you are supposed to verbally say something, like "please go away" or "get off my property".  You can't just hit somebody out of the blue, whether the person is on your property or not.

😄

Stop being lazy. You could have had restraint and scruples to know better. The courts always side with who got hit first or didn't hit back.

Just touching someone period without their consent is assault if they FEEL threatened.

You aren't allowed to hit people.  Even children understand that.