Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Why are our laws so stupid?

I hit my neighbor who came on my property and got in my face and now I'm the one with felony assault on my record.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

From what you tell us, you made an unprovoked attack on your neighbor. And, no, just being on your property is not grounds for hitting them. Even if you ordered them off the property and they don't move, you still can't legally go hitting them.

What you can do legally, which is what you should have done, is call the cops and ask for their assistance in removing the trespasser. But no, you had to commit assault and battery.

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

unless you are a triggered democrat and you see a guy in a trump hat right ?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If this is the Whole truth, this one isn't "stupid".

I have been to court, judge Laughs at those who protest they hit someone "because he bad mouthed me" or something  It isn't the 18th century anymore, where U can shoot on sight or duel. 

\

Just because U gut caught doesn't make your rationalization proper. You have a Criminal attitude; "its legal if I Don't get caught" Or: "  I'm smarter than the Last guy",.

• 1 month ago

they are only stupid if u are dumb stupid *****

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You must be black, if so thats just how it is lol. Because I've seen a story of a white man shooting a boy that entered his yard to retrieve a football and got away with it because "he thought he was attempting to rob him". Say you thought the guy was trying to enter your house in court

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I'm guessing you are leaving something out.

• 1 month ago

No it is not the laws that are stupid, it is you.  If someone trespasses, you call the police.  That is what they are there for.   You do not take the law into your own hands.

• 1 month ago

So you assaulted someone and then ended up with a felony assault on your record? Looks like everything is working just fine to me.  

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because before you "hit" him, you are supposed to verbally say something, like "please go away" or "get off my property".  You can't just hit somebody out of the blue, whether the person is on your property or not.

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

• 1 month ago

😄

Stop being lazy. You could have had restraint and scruples to know better. The courts always side with who got hit first or didn't hit back.

Just touching someone period without their consent is assault if they FEEL threatened.

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Touching is Battery. Swing and miss is assault. No need  to feel anything, just witness it. 

• 1 month ago

You aren't allowed to hit people.  Even children understand that.

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.