Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

all my professors hate me?

All my professor keep telling me drop out of my community college program, Accounting. They think I cant do math with out a calculator. I was supposed t subtract something in front of the class, i blanked out. but i know how to subtract and multiply without a calculator. They keeping degrading me infront of my class, and everyone notices. none of my class mates like me. I feel horrible about my self

i posted this before but i want more answers

i get good marks. i get above average grades. iam 70 to 80 student.

not all my teachers just one or two

First of all, I'm very sorry this is happening to you, however, I'm sure they mean well because they thought that you are not suited to the environment that you are in. So try not to take it personally if possible.

Second of all, I feel like your problem lies in having a stage fright rather than not being able to do the maths. Having to go up in front of a class while everyone's attention is on you, that can be very scary for some. 

If I am correct that this is the case, do not quit! Train yourself to be very very good at maths, this will help boost your confidence, then if you still get stage fright, try to put yourself out there in situations that all-eyes-will-be-on-you more. Get used to it, so it won't matter to you anymore. See therapist if needed.

Especially now that your professors are picking on you, they will surely pick on you more in the future. I can guarantee you that they will ask you to go in front of the class and solve some maths way more often.

Don't see this in a negative light, think of this as the chance for you to prove yourself! 

Do not let this get in the way of your passion! 

Keep fighting!!

• drip

In the US?   I find it hard to believe professors make you stand in the front of the class doing adding and subtraction problems.  They wouldn’t waste class time. 

And if you blank out what are you going to do in front  of co workers, your boss or a client?

ALL your professors  Tell you to drop out???   Once again I doubt that.  But  If they do then your work in all areas must be poor. 

Go talk to your CC adviser.  And see if the campus offers counseling.

ALL of them? Unlikely, you must be party to blame.

• .

Take your accounting classes online so you don't have to deal with that.  My oldest son took at least four of them as fillers.  It's unrelated to his major, but they're useful, easy, and informative.

• Eva

They don't "hate" you. They think you don't have the capability to succeed in accounting and it would sound as though they are correct. By this time in the semester, you should have a grasp on the basics. How do you do on homework and tests? If you are struggling, this may not be the career for you.

• Rick

poor baby ......................................