Hard Inquiries?

I submitted an application for a personal loan with a big credit company. Why would 2 hard inquiries appear on my credit as a result of 1 application? They did it on 2 separate days, 2 days apart. I do not really understand why they would do 2 hard checks on my credit for this 1 application 2 days apart? Any explanation/advice? Should I contact the company and ask them? Is this something where I should dispute one of the inquiries being posted so I don't have 2 on my credit history for the next 2 years? Thanks for any info!

Sounds like 2 different loan companies did inquiries.  I inquired about a loan to buy a motorcycle once.  Dinged by credit by 25 pts.   

That has never happened to me. But they are allowed to do more than one I believe.

Even accounts I have had open for years sometimes do a new credit check without notice. Its rare but it happens.

I don't think 2 from the same place 2 days apart hurts more than 1 though.

It does not matter how many hard inquiries you receive at this point, they are all treated as one.

- all loans for the same type of loan within a 15 day period, are treated as one inquiry.

this is done to allow you the opportunity to "loan shop" (i.e. talk to different lenders to find the best loan for you).

That is a common thing for some places.  I looked at a used car at a Ford dealer, and they sent if off to a bank and Ford credit which caused 2 hard hits on my credit.