Is it illegal if I post the scammer's skype number online to avoid more people from getting scammed?

Now a days numbers get cloned and hacked all the time so posting someone whom you believe to be a bad person may be an innocent bystander.  So posting a number you are not certain to be the "scammer" may be defamation, and hence, illegal.  If you were correct in posting the "scammer's" number in an isolated attempt to inform others it would not be illegal, but if it was in addition to other efforts it could be deemed harassment, and thus illegal.

How will that really prevent others from being scammed?

• .

I wouldn't but you can always mention to a scammer that you are thinking of posting the scammers number, but not go through with it, that way he/she will stop bothering with you.

I think it would be illegal to post a person's number without their consent.