Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

What do you do if someone is repeatedly talking too low In a conversation with you?

Sometimes i just nod or try to figure out if they were saying something important to not and if not just ignore what they said.

Don't wanna keep asking them to speak up more than once.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Repeat back what you thought they said, but get it wrong, as people do with song lyrics.  For example if they said 'There's a bad moon on the rise', repeat back to them 'There's a bathroom on the right?'.  They'll repeat it louder because they'll want to correct you.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just tell them you cant hear them

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You might try telling them you're having difficulty hearing. That way it shifts responsibility for the problem from them to you and it may be more successful in getting them to speak louder or more clearly.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Run away.......

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I say, as many times as I have to, that I really cannot hear them and would they please speak louder.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Smack them upside their head and say "speak up" 

Source(s): Happens with grandma all the time
  • Chris
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What is annoying to me is when a mumbler is asked to repeat something, but then makes no effort to enunciate.

• Jerry
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

"Can you say that in different words?" is how I deal with mumblers. Yes, it's annoying to say "I don't understand" only to have the unintelligible mumble repeated. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.