Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

I look older than I am, bad genes I guess. What can I say to those people who do not believe my age?

I don’t tell people! But at times people estimate and always guess 3-10yrs older.

It hurts.

I cannot afford surgery etc

I try to keep fit and dont drink or smoke.

I dye my hair & wear make up at times.

But am told Iook older..

People are truly cruel at times.

Funny that when I was younger I looked under my age.. at 25 I was told I looked 19, but at nearly 50 it’s the oppisite..

Sure.. so I let others make unkind comments and talk about how I look.. no!

Honestly, I don't think there's much you can do--just ignore it. I look younger than my age. I'm 26 and in grad school, but I easily look 16. People have been downright rude, patronizing to me since I look young and don't take me seriously. But really, there's not much you can do, just tell them the truth once and move on and ignore them

just tell them you dont want to hear those comments anymore

I am confused as to the sort of company you keep (at nearly 50), that spends its time guessing people's ages.. its the sort of most people grow out of in their teens.

I think you need to concentrate on making the best of yourself.

Find a hairdresser and ask for a restyle - sometimes a  new hairdresser is better at this, than one you have been going to for years

Book an appointment with a Personal Shopper (free service) at a local department store - you don't have to buy anything, but it will give you ideas

Talk to make up counter girls at a department store and ask for suggestions .. Most will do your make up.

But there are always people that don't look their age - some look older and others younger.. and there is nothing you can do about that

You can say whatever you want, but stop saying it anonymously if you want anyone to take you seriously.

• Rick

nothing, not your problem ................................