Is saying rap isn’t real music racist? ?

I’m talking to someone who says that I’m racist by saying rap isn’t real music because music is cultural expression, and by ms saying rap isn’t real music is denying it as cultural expression, and weakening the standing of black culture as a result. Is this true. Am I really being racist by thinking rap isn’t real music?

Considering basically all races do some type of rap...  The answer in no...

All Rap and Hip-Hop suck and it is impossible to change my mind. I don't care if anyone calls me racist or not. 

no, its just a fact

• Ramiro

Its not racist, but its ignorant. Of course rap is real music wether you like it or not.

I mean probably

It is showing how bland a person can be.

• Mr.412

I wasn’t there so I can’t tell you if this person is a SJW who goes around doing this to people often, or if you actually are being racist. I’d need to find some songs that could be considered as rap and then other genres and I’ll see which ones you’d say are and aren’t real music. 

No it's not. They made it racist by even saying it. Country sucks *** and its not real music to me. But if you really listen rap like real rap. They rap about drugs and sex and gangs. And country singers sing about beer(getting drunk) sex and shooting. No difference really. But it's all about sound and deliverance. It's your opinion and for someone telling you you're racist cause you don't like the deliverance of a genre of music. Is someone you don't want to be friends with. Easily triggered and it'll be like walking on egg shells

Rap is a vocal form of expressive art that relies on rhythm and rhyme. It does not meet my idea of 'music' but does it really matter what we label it as? My view is that Rap does not need to claim to be music. It is still just as valid. I don't see any form of art as belonging to a specific social group (race is a social construct rather than a scientific fact). If it is OK for you to do it, then it is OK for me to do it. Rap and its related genres are not art forms that appeal to me but that's OK because no one likes everything.

Seeing one of the first world-wide rap / hip-hop hits was written a decade before it became famous by a White rock band - no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8O2n1Gfto

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

Youtube thumbnail