Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 months ago

For football should I play corner or safety?

I'll be a senior next year I'm 5'6 130 now, average strength, slightly below avg speed, but my ball skills (no homo) are really really good

You need to add some weight. Height isn't that important if you understand how to play the ball angles. There have been plenty of NFL dbs who were around that height. 

The main difference between CB and S is speed. If you're faster than most of the guys on the team (esp in a backpedal) then you'd probably make a good CB. If not, a S. 

Strong safeties need to be able to match up with TE's and RB's which you aren't going to be able to do at 130 pounds. You really need to be 160+ and benching 200+ just to be competitive. 

Free safeties kind of vary depending on the coach's philosophy. Some coaches like rangy centerfielder types. Some don't care. It really depends on the coach but there are a lot of smaller FSs. You just have to be able to tackle really well to be a FS because there's nobody behind you. 

• Kathy

Wide receiver.............

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at free safety. You have the ideal size for a high school free safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch free safety in high school football, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 3 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.

Source(s): TTWTWTH

i would just play whatever you want to play