Kyle asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

To people with depression, does the feeling go away when you're busy or distracted by something? Do you feel less depressed that way?

I'm just wondering if i have depression because when I'm not incredibly busy or occupied, or doing something like playing video games or on social media, i have the urge to just break down and cry or just uncontrollably laugh, which is weird to me. I try to come up with different ways to kill myself so i can avoid stress and the pressure of school, but i never am able to. But when im doing things to occupy my mind, these thoughts mostly never come up.

I don't want to see a doctor because I dont have the money, plus i dont want my parents to know if i do have a mental illness.

it might with some people, i would go see a psychiatrist anyways,you might have a chemical imbalance that you might need meds for

We have to wait with pleasure and thankfulness, when the god takes us to him

i feel numb but it comes back even greater