Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 months ago

How much will it hurt a 20 year old boy to get circumcised?

The circumcision itself will not hurt if the boy is out cold, or any operation to the penis ie a dorsal slit or other incision. But once the circumcision is done there will be sensitivity pain to the exposed gland. 

Wow. This sounds horrible.  20? Should have had it done after birth.

I was told that since people a 1000 years ago did not wash regularly, And even when they did, would not always pull back the foreskin and clean it right. So men and young teen boys would get a lot of infections. SO they decided to cut the foreskin.  My dad was not circumcised, and my whole life I wished I looked like him.  So if I was 20 and was uncircumcised, I would not get it done. But its not mine or your decision. As for the pain, It will hurt. When it is cut unless he is knocked out. But also when he pees, the next 2-3 days, it will burn. Urine is like vinegar, and to any cut it will burn. 

I imagine at age 20 a male's penis will be fully developed. Recovery would be long and painful. 

• ron h

You really need to start thinking of yourself as a 20 year old man.  If you're going to a doctor, it's not gonna be a fun day, but with anesthetic  while it's done and a couple of days of pain killers, you'll get through it. A lot of men are back at work in just a very few days.

I got mine done when I was 6, and I'm over 50 now. I still remember the pain!

I think that's when I started hating my parents, which has lasted me till they died.

But that's just me, you do you.

the pulling of stitches during erections would seem painful, i was lucky my concerned parents did mine as a baby

Pinch your foreskin until you can no longer stand the pain.

It will hurt more than that.

However, it isn't fatal and you'll recover.

Not much or a lot depending on what the doctor does shortly before the big slice-off.

with pain killers it should be fine