papho asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Does carbonated water count towards your daily water intake?

I really like strawberry flavored sparkljng water. So it’s pretty much all I drink in a day. I drink two bottles of it 33.8 fluid ounces, and a 33 fl oz of plain water. Is that good enough? Or does it not really count in the way juice doesn’t? (It has 0 calories, 10mg sodium, 2g carbs, 580mg of potassium per bottle)

Both juice and carbonated water count towards your fluid intake. The doctor that first decided that you need to consume 8 glasses of water a day said that that includes fluids found in food and he's been misquoted since. As long as your urine is pale yellow you're consuming enough water to keep your kidneys healthy.

• Lili

Yes, though if it's sweetened with sugar, it's not that great for you. And carbonated waters are somewhat acidic, so you might want to limit your consumption. I find they irritate my urinary tract.

In fact, all the fluids you drink count, because they are all mostly water anyway. That includes juice.

There's no scientific basis for the 8 glasses of water a day recommendation. There never has been.

No it has sodium ,Greetings from insect island 🙋