Are Corvettes good and reliable cars that last a long time?

I'm debating if next year I should get a used 2005 Corvette C6 coupe and trade my 2010 Toyota Camry LE in for it. I just heard Chevrolet has a reputation of their cars breaking down all the time, though I assume if you were to get a Corvette(any Vette) for that expensive that it won't break down on you or have too many problems, that's as long as you take care of it.

Favorite Answer

Google "entropy". Once created, everything starts to break down, EVERYTHING, not just cars. Vehicle maintenance records are a better indication of longevity than people's opinions. Corvette's are reliable, if maintained.

All cars are meant to wear out.   Corvettes last a long time because the owners do not drive them around every day for every little thing.  They are a hog on fuel.  That was when fuel cost 50 cents a gallon.(not $4.50 a gallon) when the owners were complaining.   Fiberglass does not last forever either.  You will be babysitting this car and not going to half the bush parties because you can't afford the gas to get there or carry that much beer. SO, WHAT GOOD ARE YOU?   You are paying for the name.  Your Toy is probably worth MORE.

Yes indeed they are very reliable and they do last for a long time. Example you can find a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette still driveable.

• John

Corvettes last as long as any other brand of Chevy. Your Toyota will last much longer.

Those who buy corvettes typically are not interested in how much it costs to keep them on the road. Also GM goes to great lengths to make maintenance  time consuming. 

If you want a reliable car- buy a Subaru, Ford or Mazda product!

If you want a plastic car to impress plastic people buy a Corvette or BMW.

These cars are raced.  If you have a fat wallet for mechanics, go ahead.