M asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What does this message mean ?

I'm trying to call my friend the other end on his phone isnt ringing at all then I get a message that says " the person your trying to call is not accepting calls at this time please try again later ". I've called him about 5 times I keep getting that message. What is going on ? What does it mean ?

He doesn't have a cell phone he has a home phone though. I hope he calls me from work tomorrow I was expecting a call from him between 5 and 5:30

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

That is coincidental because I just asked a question like that earlier today and it was identical almost word for word. I asked my sister and she told me it was due to the person not paying their phone bill. Maybe they forgot to pay it? Maybe they are short of money this month? The number I called when I got that same message was a cellphone. I think he will call you explaining what happened with his phone. So I'm pretty sure he didn't pay his bill and tomorrow you'll find out exactly and then you can put your mind at rest.

• Tepee

That means their phone was turned off.

You know when you go to the movies, there's an announcement asking you to put your phone on hold, or quiet? Some people do that when they don't want to get calls.  If he wants to call you, he'll call you. 

It means you shouldn't be calling him when he's having sex with your sister. Leave the poor guy along for an hour or two, geez.

Some possibilities are:

1)  He has temporarily blocked all incoming calls so as to not be disturbed;

2)  He hasn't paid his bill and the phone company suspended service;

3)  He has specifically blocked your number.

You aren't entitled to know what it specifically means other than that you can't call him right now.