Orange fuzz and mould appearing on wall!?

Hi all, I’ve noticed that one of my walls in the bedroom is damp from the floor to about a metre up and black mould and orange fuzz has started to appear on the wall. Both me and my partner wake up with really dry throats. Is this harmful ? Can I just clean it off the wall every week or so ( because it keeps coming back) or should I contact my tenancy agency. Thanks 

• I care

Absolutely contact the person you mentioned...…..no one should accept or live with this going on.  Good luck

contact the agency for sure. this is a symptom of a leak somewhere up above ... and the continues water/damp will end up ruining the wall .. which landlord will have to repair/replace at own expense. the longer they wait, the bigger the bill will become.

no idea if the mould is harmful ... some claim that it is, at least for them, others seem to be able to sail right through it without issue

Source(s): grampa

Here’s another picture, for some reason I couldn’t post two at same time

• Hope!

Mold is really dangerous to be breathing in, and you spend a good 8+ hours in there! You can kill it with bleach (wear gloves because bleach gets absorbed into the skin!), and air the room out well! However, if you are renting, this is something I would definitely bring up with your landlord! I don't see how it is your fault there is mold!

• Susie

If it’s damp, then water is coming in from somewhere it shouldn’t be.   Even if it weren’t damaging to your health,  it could be to the structure.  Call the landlord/agency and report it.