Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

What do you think of pastor/bishop getting flack for telling kids Santa doesn’t exist? Jesus is the reason for the season?

Evangelical pastor David Grisham filmed himself at Amarillo’s Westgate Mall in an effort to teach kids “that Christmas is about Jesus Christ,” then posted the video to his Facebook page Saturday.

“Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” he’s heard hollering while walking alongside the long line of kids and their parents waiting for the man in the red suit. 

Last year a Catholic bishop spoke at a Catholic school and told the children Santa Claus doesn’t exist

The bishop gave a handout which describes St. Nicholas as “the 4th century Bishop of Myra in Asia Minor, whose appearance and name have unfortunately been transformed into the secular, fictitious “Santa Claus.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xqD9-9RA0

• BJ

Most people would not like what he said, even though he told the truth.

At children’s parties they were asked: why “we celebrate Christmas.” The usual reply: To get presents. But there is another danger:

Many adults feed children dishonesties and distortions which eventually may lead to atheism. From a child’s eye view, if Santa told as truth is a lie, then maybe God told as truth also is a lie.

Whereas the true lesson of Christmas is a message of divine mercy and sacrifice, Santa is the front man for greedy corporations, and the tutor in greed for millions of American children. He is the saint of gimme.

He has become a total sellout to materialism and greed. He is in the pay of the big toy manufacturers and department stores. A greedy child is never appeased.

A spoiled child appreciates nothing. An overindulged child is convinced that the major figure of Christmas is not Christ, but himself.”

Santa Claus isn't coming, Jesus Christ is! Rev. 1:7

At Jw.org there are many answers to questions from the bible for free.

When it comes to religious people, nothing surprises me.

Why should Chuckie Darwin in a red suit get credit for my children’s gifts? I worked hard to earn the money.

Sounds like "Pastor David Grisham" is a jerk.

He's a sadist. Does that make kids happy or sad?

oh the irony....

I think that after 45 years on this planet, I know know what the Grinch looks like.

“You will be hated by all because of my name” (Matthew Chapter 10)

People like that are losers.

Religion is losing it's audience in great numbers.

It sounds like something the jehovah's witnesses would do.

He looks like a dirty pedo too.