Mia asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

What do you think of this daily meal plan?

I am a 22 year old female and I'm wondering what people think about my daily meal plans.

I want to know if it's healthy, unhealthy, etc.

Breakfast: 

One banana and a small glass of unsweetened almond milk.

Mid morning:

Two cups of herbal unsweetened tea.

Lunch:

Kirkland signature mixed nuts (salted) from Costco. I eat one 1/2 cup (4 oz).

Mid afternoon:

Two cups of unsweetened herbal tea.

Dinner:

It varies, sometimes soups, fruits, veggies, one bowl of pasta, etc.

I eat that meal plan 5 days a week, though the weekend meal plans can differ.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I cannot tell you. I do not know what you look like or how your body processes foods. Just reading this, my first thought is that it is not enough. Your protein and carb intake seems extremely low to the point where you might be affecting your ability to stay alert and maintain a good amount of energy.

I'll give you a parallel with weight lifting. Some people come in with all kinds of bands and straps and tools and toys with the most advanced underpants and gluten free sneakers. And they do this crazy upside down inverted biterralogicticedevolvmilche air hump thing with one leg over here and ... But they never lift no heavy-*** weight. It's kinda like buying all the finest furniture when you live in your car.

What I'm saying about your diet is it seems you're trying too hard to be "healthy." That's not to say anything is namely going to make you fat and give you cancer overnight but you're overthinking it. If you're in the mood for something carby, have your pasta and nuts. If you're in the mood for something savory, have your soup with a side of cucumber and tomato with ranch dip or however you like your veg. Measure-turbating is often a sign of eating disorderly thinking.

Horrible. The tea is not even counted. It’s poor in nutrients, vitamins, protein and carbs, yes you NEED carbs and fats to make hormones etc. get a book on nutrition.

It doesn't sound great, but I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. I would get rid of the banana and eat nuts for breakfast ...maybe with a slice of avocado toast. I wouldn't count tea, at all, unless you're putting sugar or cream in it.

Dinner sounds like it could be a gorge fest. How big is the bowl of pasta and what's on it? How are the vegetables cooked and what's on them? Soup? What kind?

And what's with a totally different plan on the weekend?

Sounds like starving, then binging ...and ineffective for just about any goal you might have. Back to the drawing board ;)

If your goal is to starve to death and develop issues caused by malnutrition before that happens, it's an excellent plan.  If you want to actually live and be healthy, it's awful.