Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Dems, do you realize the impeachment is going to be a party line vote?

This is going to confirm the suspicions of the public, which is, this is a partisan witch hunt.

Trump won't be convicted in the Senate. He will sell it as a victory over Anti America Neo Liberals. 

Trump will come out of this looking good and his troops rallied, heading into 2020. You're going to come out of it looking like defeated radicals, who need a follow up defeat at the ballot box.

Update:

Rayal, some opinions are worth more than others.

Update 2:

Cathy, you're welcome.

Update 3:

David, the polls are always slanted in favor of the Left, because these polls are about shaping public opinion, not recording it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • J M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It doesn't matter. This is about the law. History will decide, and you are on the wrong side of history.

• Stan
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes but we dont ignore the law just because the crook is likely to get away with it. Otherwise we might as we'll be as guilty as the crook who beats the rap.

• 1 month ago

It is very likely that it will be a party line vote. However, a majority of Americans already support impeachment and removal from office. Once the evidence is presented during the trial in the senate support for removal will be even stronger.

Will enough republicans be swayed by the evidence to convict? Unlikely. Will that hurt them big time when they run for reelection if they vote to acquit? Most likely.

"David, the polls are always slanted in favor of the Left, because these polls are about shaping public opinion, not recording it." The last poll I looked at was run by Fox News. No one has accused them of slanting to the left.

• 1 month ago

Or partisan witch defense.  If this is a witch hunt then dude is a straight up witch.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cathy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No I never knew that.  Thanks for telling me.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That mostly is just your opinion.

Everyone knows that Moscow Mitch will bend over for Trump and that the Republicans are more about Trump and his party than they are about the constitution and our shared republic. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Rayal
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Anonymous Coward says: "Rayal, some opinions are worth more than others."
      This is true, but I wouldn't count on many of them being here on YA. Even mine are subject to debate.  Some can be rejected out of hand for being stupid or ignorant. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.